Partaking in the Westminster community is instrumental in your child’s development. Every parent or guardian is a part of the WPC and we require that you partake in at least 2 events or activities throughout the year. This can include volunteering for events through Sign-up Genius, Classroom volunteering, and WPC Meeting attendance. We understand that your time may be limited, so we have endless ways of contributing. Volunteer here. We are open to ideas and suggestions, please reach out if you need help navigating through opportunities to contribute!
We require an annual family fee ($60) that contribute to the events and activities hosted year round. This is difference from the class activity fee (used for specified grades), as our events support the entire school community. See About the WPC for more information.
All funds raised by or donated to the Westminster Parents’ Club ultimately belong to Westminster School, but the WPC Executive Committee determines, in its discretion, how the funds will be used. While we typically use some WPC funds for our operating costs and to defray the costs of sponsoring annual events, the majority of the WPC’s spending each year is to support the school and its teachers. Some of the ways WPC funds were also used in recent years are as follows:
- Staff and faculty support and appreciation
- Improvements to the Gryphon Theater and equipment needs throughout the school
- Sound system for the gymnasium, which the school uses for concerts and other events
- Directed donations to the school, including the $12,000 matching grant in 2019 to support the purchase of new laptops for teachers
- Unrestricted donations to the school in support of the Annual Fund